Follow This Serial
Contributor: Mollie Player
Last January, I was feeling alone.
After having neglected my existing friendships for quite a while and failing to look for new ones, it hit me: I needed to make a change. Big time.
I needed friends, but not just any friends–good ones. Deep ones. Ones that I loved to talk to and could learn from.
So first, I got busy. I called some people that I hadn’t talked to in a while. I went to some events and met some new like-minded people.
And then, late in the month, I decided to pray about it. This is the affirmation I decided on:
“I have several close girlfriends.”
And it worked.
The day that I wrote that affirmation in my journal, I received two very sweet, heartfelt texts from a woman that I admire very much, and had been hoping to get to know better. Then, later the same day, I got another text from another friend I’d made recently asking me to go out to coffee. Since I hadn’t heard from the first woman for quite a while, and the second had never texted me before, I was really amazed at and grateful for how fast the affirmation had worked.
I’m not expecting everything to change instantly as a result of this one affirmation. But I believe that if I continue in the frame of mind I’m in now regarding friendship, the big change I’m looking for will come.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.