Contributor: Mollie Player, author of several New Thought books including You’re Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends.
In February of this year, I wrote down the following sentence in my prayer journal:
“I have the ability to write books quickly, exactly as they should be the first time.”
Four days after writing that affirmation, I got inspired with a new story idea. I sat down and started writing and I finished an entire 20,000-word story in one week.
It was the first time in my life I have ever written something of such substantial length so quickly.
I remember the night that I completed it. My husband and I went to a dance club and I felt so good. I just danced and danced and didn’t care what anyone thought of me or how I looked because I’d just, that day, accomplished something that I was so proud of, and so quickly.
I was in awe of God and of this thing we call the law of attraction.
But there was more… Read Wednesday’s post for part two.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.