Contributor: Mollie Player
This post is a continuation of the post entitled “True law of attraction story: I write books quickly, part one.” You can read that post right here.
In the first part of the story, I talked about how I wrote the following affirmation in my prayer journal:
“I write books quickly and easily and they are perfect the first time.”
That week, I wrote the first (rather nice) draft of a 20,000-word story in less than one week–something I’d ever done before. And there’s more …
Before this time, in all my years of writing creatively, I’d written and self-published one novella-length manuscript (“What I Learned from Jane”) and one book of poetry. I’d also written most of a full-length memoir/how-to book (“How to Get Happy: Overcoming Depression Without Experts or Medicine”) and most of a quirky screenplay about the internet and the meaning of life (“Medium Rare”).
After this time, I finished and published the memoir and the screenplay. I wrote three other novella-length works and published them, too. Then I finished the final draft of the story that started it all, and published that, too.
And all of this happened between January and April.
I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this success. Writers’ block seems like a myth these days, and with a brand new fiction series in the works, I can’t actually imagine this pace slowing anytime soon.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.