Follow This Serial
Contributor: Mollie Player
Recently, my husband and I took a trip to Mexico. It was last-minute, and not all that well-planned, and I must admit that the first couple of days weren’t that great.
We wanted to be having fun. We tried to have fun. But things just weren’t going our way.
First, there were the prices. Everything was higher than we’d remembered. Then, there was the lack of air conditioning and the considerable mosquito problem in the small towns we’d chosen to stay in (a town that, incidentally, came highly recommended).
So, during one hot evening and long wakeful night, I repeated an affirmation a couple of times. It was this:
“Our vacation is relaxing, enjoyable and affordable.”
The next day, I woke up in a much more positive frame of mind. After breakfast Dave and I went online and found a great deal on a hotel in a different town by emailing the owner. When we got there, the place (Cozumel) was exactly what we were looking for and everything was more affordable as well. We stayed there for the rest of the trip, enjoying the awesome swimming, snorkeling and food without going over our budget.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.