Guest contributor: Law of attraction fan Imons2 at imons2.wordpress.com
Every one of us has something that we really want in this life. Well, for the last several weeks, I’ve been getting what I want pretty easily. And I believe it’s because I’ve started a new routine every day: listening to positive affirmation quotes.
Take my business, for example. Currently, I’m launching my second business and my goal is to spread the word and get merchant sign-ups. Trust me, cold calling and selling anything is never easy.
So, I made a plan. Here’s what it was: 1. Create a video, and 2. Launch it to the public.
I wrote these goals on May 23, outlining exactly what I needed to do to launch my business.
Now, this might look very simple, but a lot of thought went into these two goals. Using a technique used by the U.S. military, I decided that I needed to start not with the first steps–the things I would do to accomplish my goals–but with the last steps instead.
I had to start at the end.
So, I stepped back and asked myself this question: Right before I achieve my end goal, what will I need to do? Then, I stepped back again and asked myself the same question over and over again until I reached the starting point again.
Now, here’s where positive thinking and my subconscious mind come into play. I put a sticky note on my phone screen (this is why I love my android phone so much) that reminds me every day of the next step I need to take, along with the date by which I needed to take it.
The note reads: “Get at least one merchant by 6/15/2012.” Every day, I see this note because it’s on my phone screen. I cannot avoid this message.
The result? I got my first merchant sign-up on June 13, two days before my goal. And by the 15th, I had two sign-ups.
Here’s the thing: I’m not a diligent person by any means. It’s hard for me to achieve what I want. But, using this method, even I accomplished a goal that I thought was going to be really hard. So, here are my thoughts on how to get what you want in life:
- You must know where you want to go, what you want to achieve; you must have a clear end goal.
- After determining your end goal, you must take one step back, then repeat this process until you get to the beginning so that you are aware of and able to plan every step.
- You must give yourself plenty of time to meet the goals so that you don’t get discouraged.
- You must visualize your current step or goal every day–literally. You need to see actual text or something else that says what your goal is. This will tell your subconscious mind that this task is important to you, which will then tell your brain to be aware of ways in which you can achieve it.
- You must believe that you’ll achieve your goal. Listen to positive affirmation recordings or see my pinterest board with Positive Quotes.
Seriously, the law of attraction works! I don’t care what anyone else says; I’ve been experiencing it firsthand.
Babies come. But babies don't go. Get Fights You’ll Have After Having a Baby: A Self-Help Story on Amazon now.