Follow This Serial
Contributor: Mollie Player
Earlier this year, David and I began considering hiring a housekeeper. We didn’t need help often–just once a month or so to help with those tasks I tend to put off for too long. (At the time, I wasn’t making a lot of money, and since David is the one working outside the home, I’ve committed to the cooking and most of the other chores.)
After discussing it, we decided that when I started making enough money to justify the expense, we would find someone.
A few months later, this happened. Then this happened. I started contributing more finances to the family, and so, I decided it was time. I emailed a friend for a recommendation, and then I made the call.
The first afternoon that I came home to an entirely clean place that wasn’t cleaned by me, I laughed out loud.
About a month later, I reread my affirmations journal and saw this statement: “We have a housekeeper.”
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.