Follow This Serial
Contributor: Mollie Player
After losing my first child (her name was Jane, and you can read her story here), David and I were eager to get pregnant again. We knew we were ready, and thankfully, even though things hadn’t worked out the way we’d hoped the first time, we were both confident that this time, things would be different.
Well, as it turns out, we were right.
The last two times I got pregnant, it took a mere three months to conceive. This time, it took just two. Our new baby is due within a year of giving birth to Jane, just as we had hoped it would be.
Of course, my affirmations may have had something to do with this. Several times from January through February when we conceived, I wrote this statement in my journal:
I will get pregnant soon and give birth to a healthy, happy baby.
I didn’t stress myself out about getting pregnant. I didn’t worry about it at all. I just wrote my affirmation and let the universe respond accordingly.
I recommend this course of action entirely.
Update: Nine months later, I had my wonderful, healthy son Xavier, who has changed my life in innumerable and awesome ways.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.