Follow This Serial
Contributor: Law of attraction practitioner Nancy, a teacher of meditation and visualization and a creative services provider. Find her at www.barry-jansson.com.
I have an adult son with Asperger’s Syndrome. When he was a freshman in high school, he struggled with math. So, as a believer in affirmations and positive thinking, I wrote out what I call my “AffirmingSpirit Affirmation Cards.” I wrote “I am an excellent math student!” and propped it up near my son’s clock so he would see it often.
At first, my son argued with me that this was just NOT true, and it wouldn’t work. His conscious mind had trouble with saying something he didn’t think had already been manifested in the world that is apparent to us. When I explained to him how the subconscious mind works, he rolled his eyes.
Here’s the thing, though: By the end of that year, his teacher was reporting that he was excelling in math! Apparently, my belief in him was enough for us both.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.