Follow This Serial
Contributor: “Cosmic,” a member of the online forum poweroflawofattraction.com.
Here’s my story of getting a new car:
Recently, I decided that I would love to have a car. So, I started doing affirmations, visualizing, imagining driving it off the lot, and all those other wonderful things we do. I even decided on the personalized license plate I would get!
Then, I remembered what the book The Secret says: that I should act like I already had or would soon get what I wanted. So, I decided that I would test drive a car.
On a Tuesday, bringing along my dad, I did just that. We found a car that I liked and took it for a spin. As we drove, I had no thought in my mind as to how I would end up getting the car–I just imagined having it and how good it would feel.
I just enjoyed the ride.
Later that day, out of the blue my dad tells me that he and my stepmother have decided to buy me a car! And this was, I swear, with no prompting from me at all!
The next day, my dad and I went car shopping again and took another test drive, and the day after that, he called and told me that the car we’d seen the day before was paid for and we’d pick it up on Saturday.
Funny . . This should feel really profound, but it really felt, as Abraham said, like just the next logical step in my life . . .
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.