Contributor: Mollie Player
Hello all! As David and I are expecting our new baby any day now, I just wanted to take it a bit easy and instead of writing a deep and thought-provoking story, quickly “plug” a deep and thought-provoking book instead! It’s called What I Learned From Jane, and it’s the true story of my first child’s short life after being born with severe brain damage . . . and what it meant to mine.
Here’s an excerpt:
“And I have no other explanation for how it feels to have given birth to a person and then spent a few days with them before letting them go other than that:
It feels like being a mother probably feels every day.
It felt like being a mother.”
Pray for me as I remember Jane in this time of expecting new life.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.