Contributor: Mollie Player
The other day, I did something fun: I reread my affirmations journal, cover to cover. I started it in January of 2012–not all that long ago–so I was surprised to see how many of the things I wrote about have come to pass already. Not all of them, mind you (still crossing my fingers for the free Lexus)–but all of the ones that were most important to me have.
All told, I can honestly say that 2012 was the best year of my life.
Here are some of the affirmations I wrote in the journal and the results that followed:
- “I have a healthy baby.” I wrote this affirmation quite a few times throughout the year, and on November 25, 2012, that prayer was answered.
- “David and I are living in a beautiful home in a quiet neighborhood,” “Our new home is surrounded by very tall trees,” and other house-related affirmations. In October, David and I finally bought a house–our first as a couple–in a perfect, very quiet, very centrally-located neighborhood where the trees are so tall its actually a problem. There are pine needles in the entryway of the house and on the floor of the car almost constantly–and I love it.
- “I am full of energy.” This was another recurring affirmation that I hadn’t remembered writing until I reread it. These days, low energy–something that plagued me for a really long time–just isn’t a problem. Such a relief.
- “I will make X dollars per week.” Read more about this affirmation from earlier in the year here.
- “My life is perfect.” I wrote that affirmation on October 3, and wrote this post, titled “My life is just about perfect,” in January–and didn’t even connect the two until rereading that entry.
- “I will begin walking again regularly.” I wrote this affirmation numerous times in my journal, including on April 27, May 29, October 4 and May 25 (that time I actually wrote “I have time to take a walk daily and meditate daily”–and as it turns out, I’ve been doing both at the same time). And again, I’d forgotten I’d done so until rereading the journal.
- “Waking up in the morning is a blessing and a joy.” See this post for more about this affirmation.
Life is good, and I am thankful.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.