The other day, I did something fun: I reread my affirmations journal, cover to cover. I started it in January of 2012–not all that long ago–so I was surprised to see how many of the things I wrote about have come to pass already. Not all of them, mind you (still crossing my fingers for the free Lexus)–but all of the ones that were most important to me have.
All told, I can honestly say that 2012 was the best year of my life.
Here are some of the affirmations I wrote in the journal and the results that followed:
- “I have a healthy baby.” I wrote this affirmation quite a few times throughout the year, and in June, that prayer was answered.
- “My husband and I are living in a beautiful home in a quiet neighborhood,” “Our new home is surrounded by very tall trees,” and other house-related affirmations. A few months ago, my husband and I finally bought a house–our first as a couple–in a perfect, very quiet, very centrally-located neighborhood where the trees are so tall its actually a problem. There are pine needles in the entryway of the house and on the floor of the car almost constantly–and I love it.
- “I am full of energy.” This was another recurring affirmation that I hadn’t remembered writing until I reread it. These days, low energy–something that plagued me for a really long time–just isn’t a problem. Such a relief.
- “I will make more money than ever.” Well, I am.
- “I will begin walking again regularly.” I wrote this affirmation numerous times in my journal, including on April 27, May 29, October 4 and May 25 (that time I actually wrote “I have time to take a walk daily and meditate daily”–and as it turns out, I’ve been doing both at the same time). And again, I’d forgotten I’d done so until rereading the journal.
- “Waking up in the morning is a blessing and a joy.”
Life is good, and I am thankful.
Babies come. But babies don't go. Get Fights You’ll Have After Having a Baby: A Self-Help Story on Amazon now.