Contributor: Mollie Player
Several months back, I was busy–much busier than I am now. It was right after my baby was born, which was right after David and I moved into our new house (a 1950s rancher in need of some serious TLC).
I was sleep-deprived. I was stressed–much more than I can remember being in a very long time. I was happy, but I was missing something: my writing.
When it comes to my writing, I don’t keep a schedule. Unfortunately and fortunately, my writing cannot be my first priority and so, when I go a stretch (this one was a few months long) without it, I don’t feel guilty–but I do feel a little unfulfilled. Nevertheless, for me these waiting periods can be good; they help me build up momentum internally, so that when it’s time to get back to it, I’m ready.
And so, several days during this “dry spell,” while taking a walk, I said an affirmation that I could get back to my writing soon and be both inspired and productive in it.
And so, that is exactly what happened. Sometime in January, I opened up an old manuscript for the first time in months, and got back to it. By the end of the month I had the first draft of that manuscript complete and another book through its final edit. I decided on a publishing schedule that included at least four books this year, and at my current pace I’ll be well ahead of that target date.
It feels good. It feels easy. It feels inspired.
I am grateful.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.