Contributor: Mollie Player
A few months back, I decided something: I wanted a job.
Okay, well, not quite–I do have a job, and it keeps me pretty busy. But I work from home, and that time the desire for a more “normal” work experience–one in which I actually set an alarm in the morning, wear nice clothes and–importantly–talk to people. So, while taking a walk one day, I said an affirmation:
“I will get an on-site work position.”
Within the week, my job agent called me about an on-site opportunity, and within two weeks I had a two-month contract for a full-time proofreading position at a local ad agency–something that I hadn’t had in over a year.
And after starting, I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would.
So, that was how that went.
Sometimes changing your life requires deep internal shifts that take a great deal of time and effort to create. Other times, it just happens in an instant.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.