Contributor: Mollie Player
Normally, I’m a pretty grateful person. I make an effort to thank God every day for all I have, and I have done so for many years now. I believe that gratitude is, in fact, one of the “secrets” to my success in overcoming depression, finding a partner and much more. However, there’s something in life that I have been guilty of not appreciating enough on a regular basis, namely: friendship.
One of the things I am the very worst at in all of life, besides all of the things I haven’t tried, of course—and I’d even be better at some of those—is one of the most important, and it is this: making friends.
And so, over the past year or so, I’ve been saying affirmations for friendship, and last December, it finally began to happen.
I began to make new friends, and not just a few–a lot.
I joined a couple of groups on meetup.com and was shocked to discover how many amazing, good, kind, intelligent people are out there.
And they even call you back.
In case I forgot to say it already: Thank you, God, for these new people in my life.
Thank you so, so much.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.