Contributor: Mollie Player, author of several New Thought books including You’re Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends.
This year, I made it one of my goals to straighten out my husband’s various investment accounts, rolling them over into a single brokerage firm. This turned out to be a lot more work than I anticipated, but it was very, very necessary. (David doesn’t much like dealing with this kind of thing.)
Around the same time I said the following affirmation: “I will receive an unexpected gift of thousands of dollars.” As I said it, the number $20,000 came to mind. It felt right, so I said it a few more times while taking my walks.
The following month, I discovered something: Sitting in a fund my husband didn’t even remember existed was an additional (approximately) $20,000 worth of stock.
At first, I just thought it was kinda cool. It didn’t feel like real money to me since it wouldn’t be spent, and I didn’t make the connection between that find and my affirmation.
Until I did. And it is real money–almost the exact amount I asked for.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.