Often, when I think of the law of attraction and affirmations, I think of the concrete stuff of life–the jobs, the money, the house. As we know, though, there’s more to life that our “life situation,” as Eckhart Tolle calls it.
Here’s a story about how affirmations have aided my spiritual journey.
Here are some of the most important spirituality-related affirmations that I wrote in my journal in 2012:
- April 27: “I will pray regularly and deepen my spirituality.”
- May 7: “I am happy and enlightened on a continual basis. I love jokes and I appreciate all the beauty that surrounds me.”
- June 19: “I am ready to go to the next level spiritually.”
- June 30: “God is speaking to me all the time” and “I hear God’s voice every single day.”
- September 12: “I have been looking forward to doing my spiritual practices more” and “I am getting closer to God every day.”
- September 26: “My relationship with God feels light and easy, not like a burden or a ‘have-to,’ a responsibility” and “I am becoming enlightened.”
The result? Well, I’m very happy to say that today, I enjoy a level of spiritual fulfillment that I have never experienced before. I pray every day. I’m in tune with the Divine much more frequently. Sometimes I call it inspiration, and sometimes I call it semi-enlightenment, but either way, it does me a whole lot of good. (Like I said: practical.)
After Rachel and Matthew had their first child, they had a couple of fights. Well, okay, more than a couple—they fought for over three years. They fought about schedules. They fought about bad habits. They even fought about the lawn mower. And besides actually having their child, it was the best thing that could've happened. Get Fights You’ll Have After Having a Baby: A Self-Help Story on Amazon now.