Follow This Serial
Contributor: Mollie Player
In my diet book, The Emergency Diet: The Somewhat Hard, Very Controversial, Totally Unheard Of and Fastest Possible Way to Lose Weight, I discuss my long history with binge eating and dieting. Since writing that book, however, there’s been a dramatic change.
I overcame my twenty-year-old binge eating habit.
Here’s how this miraculous shift occurred: One day, I decided to start keeping a journal on my eating habits and on my attempts to change them by employing various spiritual practices. (I was hoping that affirmations in particular would help.) After that, I rewrote the journal (to make it prettier sounding, mostly) and made it into a book, which I called Enlightenment.
Well, shortly after finishing the book, something wonderful happened: I stopped binge eating almost entirely. In the book’s epilogue, I describe the change in more detail. What I don’t say is that for several months previous, I wrote the following affirmation in my journal on a regular basis:
“I am ready to give up overeating.”
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.