Follow This Serial
I used to have a secret lover. I only saw him at night–late at night. We’d have dinner together and, as some poet once said, “surfeit ourselves on love.”
Then one day, I decided I couldn’t live like that any longer; I wanted to have a real relationship. I decided we could see each other in public, too, and during the day.
The next morning we ate breakfast together on the patio of my house. I enjoyed his company, but it wasn’t the same. Something was missing. Then I realized what it was: During the day, he was kind of boring.
I still see him once in a while. But now we’re just good friends.
His name is Peanut Butter.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.