Follow This Serial
Contributor: Mollie Player
The other day I was reading over some affirmations I wrote in my journal about a year ago. Some of them were things that at the time I never thought would come true but since did. The most significant of these: “I am naturally thin.”
The short version of the story: Every year I give myself a present on my birthday–anything from an expensive pair of boots to a compliment. On November 21 of last year (my thirty-fifth birthday), that gift was that I would officially give up binge eating and dieting–after over ten straight years of it.
And I did.
To my surprise, I lost even more weight since then, so that now, for the first time since high school, I am naturally thin (thin without dieting).
If that was all I had accomplished all year, it would have been a great one.
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.