Follow This Serial
Contributor: Mollie Player
When I was in high school, I received a message from God via a friend of my mom’s who, like both of us, was an Evangelical Christian. While praying for me one day she prophesied that as an adult I’d become a world traveller, going to China, India, Africa and other exotic places like that.
At the time, hearing this was a big help to me. It gave me something to look forward to, something to help me get through my worse-than-mundane high school existence. I held on to the dream, and once I went to college, studied Mandarin Chinese–a language I still totally adore. After college, I did go to China, and later to India, and a whole bunch of other cool places, too. Africa is one of the next on my list, and I don’t think it will be too long before I get there.
To this day, I’m not sure if the prophecy that woman gave me was really from God . . . but something in me responded to it deeply, and that made it a powerful motivator and point of focus in my life (and at a time when I needed one badly).
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.