Spiritual practice proliferation. It’s a thing.
Here are a few of the ones I try to do regularly (or have in the recent past):
- Say affirmations frequently.
- Do a sit-down meditation for ten minutes every morning.
- Read books on spirituality.
- Journal negative thoughts and counter with positive ones.
- Attend church and cultivate friendships with spiritual people.
- Send healing, loving energy to others.
- Allow myself to experience all emotions fully, especially sympathy and compassion.
- Make friendships a priority. Seek ways to communicate acceptance, love, peace and joy to others.
- Listen to my inner guidance/intuition.
- Focus on good feelings and don’t focus on bad ones. Be a totally positive, light-focused person.
- Make a recording of positive thoughts for my phone.
- Make a song list of positive songs in my phone.
- Choose a mantra for the day or week, then repeat it and count 1-100.
- Do “the work” with Byron Katie examining negative beliefs.
How am I supposed to remember all these, much less choose between these at any given (possibly chaotic) moment?
Am I reading too many spirituality books, or what?
Babies come. But babies don't go. Get Fights You’ll Have After Having a Baby: A Self-Help Story on Amazon now.