This week, I began a new spiritual practice: acceptance. It’s weird to me that I’ve never made this a deliberate thing before (in fact, I’ve been pretty terrible about it altogether). This, in spite of:
- Eckhart Tolle’s admonitions to see that everything that is, is perfect;
- Buddhist admonitions to prefer nothing over anything else;
- Esther Hicks’ admonitions to offer no resistance;
- “What we resist, persists,”
- Jesus, A Course in Miracles, and countless others bringing the same message; and, of course,
- That damn serentiy prayer.
Acceptance, y’all. It’s the new meditation.
Babies come. But babies don't go. Get Fights You’ll Have After Having a Baby: A Self-Help Story on Amazon now.