Follow This Serial
Let’s face it: spiritual books are written for one reason and one reason only: to make us feel good. It’s not about self-improvement. I’ts not about making the world a better place. We just want to crack the code for inner peace.
Fortunately for us, lots of them deliver. Not always as completely as promised, but let’s not be too picky. Most of us have a healthy number of issues to figure out. It’s a bit much for any one teacher to deal with.
Which is why many of us spiritual types read every good book on the subject we can find. Some give us practical techniques. Some shake up our entire perspective. Others simply offer a bit of hope.
And still others do none of the above.
In the following pieces, I offer you, my beloved children, my Inner Peace Greatest Hits–the spiritual-but-not-religious books that over the years have helped me become a happier, more fulfilled person. Each top-level entry links to a full article on the book that includes a personal anecdote and notes on the book.
Best Spiritual-But-Not-Religious Books is part of a larger project, a curriculum I’m writing for you, my homeschooled kids, called Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday. Like this list, it’s an ongoing, possibly unending, project. Check back here or on the Welcome page of my blog for updates.
P.S. Here are a few related links for you, too:
- New Age Spirituality Definition and History on Wikipedia
- New Age Spirituality Search on Google
- New Thought Definition and History on Wikipedia
- List of New Thought Denominations and Independent Centers on Wikipedia
- Free New Thought Ebooks at New Thought Library
Best Spiritual-But-Not-Religious Books:
More Words I Love:
Want More? Subscribe to Any of My Serials (Including This One) With Just an Email Address and a Click:
- Three Kids, No Car: One Year of Living Authentically, Even Though I Can Afford Not To
- My Byron Katie Detox: One Year of Questioning Everything I Believe
- Disastrous Inventions: Stories About Motherhood, Marriage, Weight Loss, Self-Improvement, Spirituality and Other Disastrous Inventions
- Fights You'll Have After Having a Baby: A Novel
- Spiritual Practice Success Stories
- Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday
Getting too many emails? Unsubscribe on the sidebar at mollieplayer.com, then resubscribe to just the serials you choose.