As legend has it, a man named Hew Len once cured an entire ward of mental patients using a new healing practice that was based on a traditional Hawaiian one (but which, admittedly, had been changed a lot). He simply repeated four phrases out loud and in his mind while viewing their medical files and “cleaning” their “programming”–technically, the programming in Hew Len’s own mind which brought them into his reality. And that’s it. Nothing else.
Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More by Joe Vitale and Hew Len is a memoir of Vitale’s meeting and, later, being mentored by, this interesting man.
Len practices being in a state of mind he calls “zero limits.”
“In short, Zero Limits is about returning to the zero state, where nothing exists but anything possible. In the zero state there are no thoughts, words, deeds, memories, programs, beliefs, or anything else. Just nothing.”
From the zero state Len is able to heal maladies of all sorts, even very serious ones. This is because he takes full responsibility for all the reality he experiences, and sends love to that reality. He calls this “cleaning.”
“There is no such thing as out there. Everything exists as thoughts in my mind.” Therefore: “I am 100 percent responsible for creating my physical universe the way it is . . . If my thoughts are perfect, they create a physical reality brimming with love.”
When asked how he healed a whole mental hospital full of hopeless cases, Hew Len said, “I was simply cleaning the part of me that I shared with them.”
Though there are a variety of ways to “clean,” the book talks about only one, namely, repeating four statements over and over nonstop to the Divine. The statements are: “I love you, I’m sorry, please forgive me, thank you.”
Concluding advice: Clean in everything. If you do, your whole life will slowly change, doing absolutely nothing else. After cleaning, follow your inspiration—do what your intuition tells you to do.
Here, a few good quotes:
- “Dr. Hew Len repeatedly stressed that there are 15 bits available to conscious mind but 15 million bits happening in any one moment. We don’t have a chance of understanding all the elements at play in our lives. We must let go. We must trust.”
- People share programs with each other, which explains why our physical realities often are similar.
- When Vitale uses this technique, his results are good. For example, one day, when upset about something business related, rather than addressing it head on, “I kept silently saying I’m sorry’ and I love you.’ I didn’t say it to anyone in particular. I was simply evolving the spirit of love to heal within me what was creating or attracting the outer circumstance.” Within an hour he got a very unexpected apology from person who upset him.
- Hew Len speaks to objects, since he says they have feelings, too. One quote: “This room says its name is Sheila.” Sheila felt tired and unloved, so he prayed for her.
To find out more, see:
- Zero Limits on Amazon
- Joe Vitale’s Official Website
- Hoʻoponopono and Hew Len on Wikipedia
- Hew Len’s Official Website
- Joe Vitale’s law of attraction success story: “I am rich“
Get the entire recommended reading list at Books I Want My Kids to Read Someday.