[wpw_follow_term_me posttype=”post” taxonomy=”category” termid=”3″ disablecount=”true” followtext=”Follow This Serial” followingtext=”You Are Following This Serial” unfollowtext=”Unfollow This Serial”][/wpw_follow_term_me]
Would a future particle physicist do any of these things?
- Step directly in every single dirt pile I ever sweep up.
- Bonk his head on the bathtub faucet twice in the same bath.
- About three mornings per week, and several evenings, too, suddenly forget how to put on his shoes.
- Sit on the couch with a bare bottom after pooping and before my checking his wiping job.
- Scream in the baby’s ear while she’s napping.
- Jump on my back and yell “piggy back ride!” without warning me beforehand.
- Headbutt my closed fist.
- Entirely forget how to say, “Can I have a turn, please?” instead of screaming for a toy. Every single time.
- Bump my arm when I’m almost done with my drawing.
- Fight over a pair of scissors.
And yet, I still hold out hope that my kids may become geniuses. That’s just what moms do, I guess.